customer: very important European fashion group with offices in Beijing (China)
position: womenswear denim designer
location: Beijing (China)
- Design for assigned denim collection (s) in a clear and focused way geared towards market positioning the brand as China denim market leader.
- Support denim Design Manager for the continuous success/ growth of the brand DENIM in the fast changing China market, keep update with market trend and new product opportunities.
- Build and deliver strong design for assigned denim collection (s) with a creative, innovative and consumer target focused approach and line with the annual growth plan.
- Work closely with denim Design Manager and take lead whereas needed in the execution of denim design from initial briefing (research on the latest denim trend), to samples and production.
- Ensure awareness of upcoming denim trends & direction, propose the ideas to reflect/ update on denim collection in terms of design/fabric/wash/denim accessories ( per style level).
- Prepare and participate in Denim hub to ensure the assigned collection can cover the latest fashion trend and denim styling.
- Work on trend alert research and trend ppt per development season.
- Provide clear brief on the design sheets (Technical manufacturing package ), translate and update sketches into ONLY PLM system.
- Responsible of driving collection(s) to high design execution and accuracy.
- Take a leading role in sample fitting, review and provide comments on all samples in term of design details, fabric & washes.
- Create and maintain all design records, including technical data sheets and all relevant details.
- Inject commercial and trend-driven fabric & wash ideas, constantly update wash/fabric quality, fitting, finish, details and product to market demands.
- Responsible for seasonal laundries visit for wash creation.
- Ensure effective communication/visits to existing suppliers in China.
- Maintain close daily cooperation with Denim CDM, ensure effective and highly efficient workflow within calendar deadlines.
- Assure proper communication with buying team & Technicians throughout the whole design development process.
- Responsible for Bi-Monthly Store visit report focus on ONLY DENIM (& its key competitors )
- Frequent inspiration trips in Asia.
- Responsible for analyzing sales figures, and understand the commercial ONLY market and possibilities in China.
- Highly involved in preparation for selling meeting material and visual merchandising guidelines in stores for the Chinese market, in co-operation with Design manager / Display/ Merchandizing teams.
- Coach and shadow Designer/ Junior Designer in different technical areas when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related disciplines.
- Overseas education or background is preferable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in fashion design and development with at least 3 years in designer level or up.
- Strong fashion sense in different areas.
- Knowledge of global jeanswear and trend-leading street/ casual-wear brands.
- Passion in fashion trends/ fast fashion business.
- Solid experience in design development, from trend research, sketch preparation, fabric and details sourcing, to design concept presentation.
- Good technical sense on denim fabric, material, fitting and washing development.
- Ability to work in multicultural environment and being a strong communicator.
- Achievement motivated with good analytical skills.
- Excellent literacy in Mac & Microsoft Office application, Adobe illustrator and photoshop.
- Good spoken & written English.
- Experience on denim is a must.
if you are interested in this opportunity, please fill the following form and send your CV and Portfolio