customer: very important European fashion group with offices in Beijing (China)
position: senior womenswear knit designer
location: Beijing (China)
- Responsible for designing the knitwear collection for this trend-led young women’s collection.
- Ensure latest trends are executed commercially for the fast-moving trend-conscious Chinese market.
- Deliver seasonal product with a focus on style, fit, stitch and desirable yarns.
- Deliver product designs with flawless execution: achieving goals with speed, agility and acute attention to details.
- Constantly upgrade fabric, yarn, technique, fitting and product to trend and market demand.
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with buyers and suppliers confidently.
- Work closely with design manager and buyers throughout the design process including product development, technical design and production to ensure the quality and timely delivery of collection.
- Fashion design degree level, Ideally Knitwear specialism.
- Minimum3 years of commercial women’s knitwear design experience ( jersey design experience is a plus)
- Excellent knowledge of yarn, knit gauges and structures and good understanding of garment construction.
- Highly creative and trend-driven with a true connection to knitwear design.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced fashion environment and able to handle deadline pressure.
- Able to work on their own –take initiative and work as part of a team.
- Team player, good communication skill.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to relocate to Beijing, China.
- Have an open mindset and willing to work with other cultures.
if you are interested in this opportunity, please fill the following form and send your CV and Portfolio