client: a leading international supplier based in the heart of Barcelona is looking for a Senior Womenswear Jersey Designer to join their team. This is a great opportunity from a supplier who is very well experienced in design, fabric sourcing and product development and requires a high knowledge of trends.
position: senior womenswear jersey designer
location: Barcelona center
- Create and produce the collections for each season.
- Compiling trend reports from catwalks, fashion weeks, editorial content and social media.
- Open to shopping and inspiration travels (plus fairs or development meetings).
- Identify and understand the end consumer for proper range building.
- Presenting collections to customer’s buyers.
- Develop inspirational mood boards and previous research.
- Ensuring that samples produced are accurate in line with the specification.
- Collect information about the acceptance that the designed products are having on customers.
Ideally, the candidate will have at least 5 years of experience as a senior designer and who can identify trends and translate into commercial products. Also, they would like to hire a creative profile who really loves fashion and trends.
- A designer with a Bachelor or Diploma in Fashion Design or higher degree training.
- Someone passionate about fashion with at least 5 years of experience in a similar role and working in a supplier or in a high street fashion brand.
- Ability to predict fashion trends with excellent customer presentation and communication skills.
- Highly organized and capable of working to and managing deadlines, working as part of a team and individually self-motivated.
- Great commercial forecasting ability.
- Skills to manage, a team of two or more.
- Able to travel internationally.
- Team leader focused on trends, ability to work under pressure, organized, meticulous, passion for fashion, high technical knowledge, good communication skills, open to working in a team and also independently.
if you are interested in this position, please send us your current CV and portfolio